The Tsugami SS327-5AX Swiss Type Lathe is a high performance automatic lathe with a servo-driven B-axis, which enables you to cut complex parts complete in a single setup. The B-axis contains live tools (four front, four rear) which can machine in coordination with the C-axis, delivering the ability to cut precise angles and sculpted contours. The B-axis functionality transforms this Swiss type lathe into a multitasking turning center that can drill, tap, and end mill any angle.
The modular tool zone makes it easy to change cartridge-type live cross and face tools in either the main or sub spindle, decreasing changeover time. Multiple angle cuts by the same tool also decreases the total number of tools required. For machining complex shapes, this is the ultimate Swiss type lathe.
Key Advantages include:
- 7-axis Machining, Simultaneous 4 & 5-axis Machining with CAD/CAM
- Servo-driven B-axis Tool Spindle can machine virtually any angle – drilling, tapping, end milling
- B-axis Live Tools (four front, four rear) create sculpted shapes
- B-axis Control enables thread whirling or hobbing without dedicated attachments
- Mutual Tool Use for Different Angles via B-Axis Control
- Modular Tool Zone, cartridge type live cross and face tools, main and sub spindle
- Fanuc 31i-B5
The Tsugami SS327-5AX CNC Lathe is CONVERTIBLE and may be run as a traditional sliding headstock Swiss Type Lathe using the guide bushing or run without the guide bushing with the addition of an optional chucker kit. When run as a chucker, the lathe can use drawn bar stock instead of centerless ground stock, dramatically reducing remnant size and increasing shop flexibility.